Mommie Dearest

Remember that film "Mommie Dearest" based on the actress Joan Crawford and what a wretched, horrible mother she was? Everyone likes to allude to the line "No wire hangers!" Well, my sister and I saw that flick when we were younger and around that time, I remember we called our own mother, to her face, "Mommie Dearest." Now, I don't recall if we were being facetious or what, but I do know that Mom scolded us for saying it. Well, many, many moons later, I relayed the incident to "Mommie Dearest" and, naturally, she has no recollection of any such occurrence. She conveniently forgets things, but has an amazing way of pulling the most insignificant events out of the past, expecting you to remember them as vividly as she.

1 comment:

António said...

Happy new year to you and your mother!