Glossary

The following are words or phrases from my mom's vocabulary. This is just in case you should ever find yourself talking to her, you'll be able to interpret what she's saying! ;)

I tried to transliterate the best I could, but I'm sure some of my spelling conventions are not precise enough. I don't know how to approximate my mother's R's, which sort of sound like a mix between R and W. And she often drops off the final consonants of words, like S's. Adjectives somehow become gerunds.

A
airfort airport

B
baw ball
baw boil
bodda bother
butt button

C
chew you mao "chew your mouth" - what this means is "chew the food in your mouth", or better stated "chew your food".
Chai-nee Chinese
clo' close or clothes
co'-ing cold
coo' cool (perhaps she's spent too much time around certain dialects, hehe)
corinne Korean

D
dat that
denta dentures
dop stop

E
eyeliss eyelid

F
file pile

G
gimme see Let me see (Give it to me so I can see it)
grozy gross

H
hot-ing hot
hoe(w) hold

I
ignant ignorant (lol, yes, she does say it the ghetto way!)
I lub you I love you

J
Japanee Japanese
jelling jealous
Jeeza Jesus

K
Ka-rin Korean

M
mao mouse
mao mouth
Micka Mao Mickey Mouse
moo move
mudda mother


N
nai nice
nai night
no' nose
nozzy nausea, nauseous

P
pai-pai papaya
pan pants
pat pass
poke chops pork chops
pwiddy pretty (it's not quite a 'w', but close enough!)
puss pudding (Don't ask! But I sure don't like when she asks me if I want some! :-P)
put push

R
raviyoyo ravioli

S
sic pee six piece
small smile
spensy expensive
stum stomach
stoopin stupid

T
take your shirt out take your shirt off
throw out throw up

W
what she name is? What's her name?
where dog? Where is the dog?

Y
yoke yogurt

No comments: